The Village Hall
Kirknewton Village Hall's Official User, here to keep you up to date with all the news and upcoming events at Kirknewton Village Hall, North
signed up: 15th Apr 2014visit The Village Hall ...
Posted by Pat Edwards
DRAFT Kirknewton Parish Council
Minutes of a meeting held on Tuesday, 20th September 2016,
at the Village Hall at 2.00pm
Present: Cllrs. Edward Brown, Stephen Marriott, Helen and Andy Blowers, John
Lloyd, Kay Aisthorpe.
Parishioners Pat and Jenny Edwards, Clerk Angela Hallam-Baker.
1. Apologies for absence were received from County Cllr. Anthony Murray and PC Mark Lynn (Northumbria Police).
2. Police Report: none. However, Cllr. Aisthorpe was surprised that the Parish Council had not been notified of an Army exercise, which took place at Hethpool in the early hours of 11th September. Since there were bright lights in the College Valley and vehicles along the road, she found this somewhat alarming. She later discovered that Wooler PC and the Police had been informed.
3. The minutes of the meeting held on 19th July 2016 were agreed and signed.
4. Matters arising from the minutes:
The clerk would write to the three people at NCC who appeared to be involved with this (Graham Bucknall, Neil Howie and Mitch Young), with a copy to Cllr. Murray, to ask them to have the sign returned and located in the appropriate place.
5. Financial Report:
The annual audit had been completed by the external auditors and no issues were raised.
The annual return had been publicised and already agreed by the PC, and this was again agreed following the external audit.
Transactions this month:
Income: Precept 2 - £350.00
Expenditure: Clerk’s half-year fee - £80.00, and expenses £72.16 (mileage, postage, stationery, internet charge).
This leaves a credit balance of £1,587.71.
6. Notice of proposed removal of telephone box:
A notice had been posted in the village telephone box that BT intended to remove it, due to infrequent use. It was advised that comments should be addressed to NCC Planning Officer, and the clerk had written to lodge the PC’s reasons for retaining the ‘phone as follows:
i) no mobile reception in the area
ii) area regularly used by walkers of all ages
iii) a rapid link to emergency services is essential
iv) the nearest town is Wooler 6 miles away
A reply had been received stating that no application for the removal of the ‘phone boxes had yet been submitted, but NCC would bear the PC’s comments in mind when the application is received.
7. Projected cuts in services:
Grass cutting, bus services, community group support, public toilet provision, are amongst possible cuts. It appeared the only one which applies to Kirknewton is the bus service, but it is understood that the Wednesday bus to Wooler is in place for the next five years.
Although this should be due, no invoice had yet been received from NCC.
10. County Councillor’s Report: none, due to Cllr. Murray’s attendance at another meeting.
11. Any other business:
12. Date of next meeting: Tuesday, 18th October 2016, at 2.00pm in the Village Hall.