you need javascript enabled to use this site

Kirknewton Parish Council. May 2018 :  details

Posted by Pat Edards.

KIRKNEWTON PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of the meeting held 16th May 2018 at the village hall

PRESENT

Cllrs: Steve Marriott ( chairman ), Kay Aisthorpe ( deputy Chairman ), John Lloyd, Liz Martin, County Cllr Anthony Murray, Margaret Heatley (volunteer clerk )

Parishioner: Stephen Cleworth. Patrick and Jenny Edwards.

APOLOGY FOR ABSENCE

Keith Warmington

1. MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD 20th Feb. 2018 - agreed and signed.

2. MATTERS ARISING FROM THE PREVIOUS MEETING.
2a Map of Kirknewton boundary has been framed and placed on the

wall in village hall foyer.

2b The play activity station for the Girl Guide Centre has been erected and is now operational.

2b The significant hole in the road approaching Hethpool has been filled locally and not by the highway dept.

ACTION

It was agreed that potholes continue to be a major issue on B and U roads within the Parish, despite requests to the highways authority.

County Cllr Anthony Murray will correspond with County Hall and raise the matter with highways.

3. POLICE REPORT

None

4. KIRKNEWTON BROADBAND and MOBILE SIGNAL

SM read the current email from John Cooper which indicated a disappointing lack of progress on our application to BT Community Fibre. SM will continue to chase and Cllr Murray will also bring this to our MP’s attention.

Despite previous indications regarding the prospect of 4G via the new EE mast at Lanton Wood, it had been confirmed that for now this would only provide emergency services coverage to the valley.

5. FINANCIAL REPORT

SM now proposed to maintain the account with Bank of Scotland as there is so little activity on the account.

11 April 2018 Credit balance stands at £1,992.52

Item for expenditure

It was proposed by Liz Martin to replace the noticeboard outside the village hall and this was agreed. SM to research procurement.

6. PLANNING APPLICATIONS

None

COUNTY COUNCILLORS REPORT

Berwick Academy is under special measures for a second year and this will affect Wooler schools. A new head has been appointed.

The National Park is operating well. The opening of The Sill at Hadrians Wall has produced an increase in outward bound activity in North Northumberland.

7

7. ANY OTHER BUSINESS

None

DATE AND TIME OF NEXT MEETING 6.30PM (date now under review)

--------------------
--------------------
Wed 15th Aug 2018 at SIGNED

DATE

comments are public! private message article creator, The Village Hall