you need javascript enabled to use this site

Kirknewton Parish Council Meeting. 17th May, 2016. :  details

Kirknewton Parish Council

 

Minutes of a meeting held on Tuesday, 17th May, in the Village Hall

 

 

Present: Cllrs. Edward Brown (Chairman), Andy and Helen Blowers, John Lloyd.

PC Mark Lynn (Northumbria Police), Parishioner Pat Edwards, Clerk Angela 

Hallam-Baker.

 

1.  Apologies for absence were received from:  Cllrs. Steve Marriott and Kay Aisthorpe.

 

2.  Police Report:

PC Lynn said there had been no reported crimes in the Kirknewton parish since the last meeting.   However, there had been reports of poaching and persons fraudulently obtaining money from businesses in neighbouring parishes.

PC Lynn then left the meeting to attend to other duties. 

 

3.  The minutes of the meeting held on 19th April 2016 were agreed and signed.

 

4.  Matters arising from the minutes:

  • Potholes – the Chairman had attended the Joint Area Committee meeting on

 9th May where these were one of the main topics of discussion (see Item 6 below).   The clerk would continue to report the potholes in the parish until they had been attended to.   A letter she had written to Grant Davey, Leader of NCC on this subject had not been answered.

  • Westnewton Bridge – Cllr. Helen Blowers had researched the planning application on line and had printed out responses from:

i) Anne-Marie Trevelyan MP  - insisting that all the Agencies must be in full agreement with the revised application before it goes to the Planning Dept, and that it is submitted in good time for the work to be carried out this summer.

ii) Kirknewton Parish Council – in agreement with revised application, and also insisting that the Agencies are in full agreement with each other, and that the work be carried out this summer.

iii) County Ecologist – the College Burn, as part of the Tweed catchment area, is the habitat of salmon, otter and three species of lamprey.   Therefore NCC will be required to undertake a Habitat Regulations Assessment of the development to assess whether it will have a significant effect on the integrity of the site.

iv) Environment Agency – no objections, but numerous comments listed.

v) Natural England – no objections, but requires Habitats Regulations Assessment.

Nos. (iii),  (iv) & (v) are brief summaries of the communications.   The complete texts may be found on the NCC website under Planning – Simple Search – Planning reference:  16/01076/CCM.

The clerk was asked to write to Cllr. Murray and Peter Brewis for their comments, and it was noted that NCC will make the final decision as to whether the application is granted.

 

5.  Financial Report:

There had been no further financial transactions since the last meeting.

 

6.  Joint Area Committee meeting held on 9th May 2016:

The Chairman reported that the meeting was laid out with six tables for parish representatives, and the NCC officers present visited each one in turn.   

The large number of potholes in the local roads was discussed pointing out the damage to vehicles and the dangers of having to avoid them.    In one instance reported, a car swerving to avoid a lorry crossing the middle of the road dropped into rutted area adjacent to the road edge causing £8,500 of damage to the vehicle.     

It was learnt that the County Council had a new machine for mending potholes and it was hoped this would be used in the north of the County.

 

7.   County Councillor’s Report:  none, due to Cllr. Murray’s absence.

 

8.  Correspondence:

  • Proposed Forestry Operations – a letter dated 19th April had been received by Hethpool residents informing them that the clearing of windblow at Whitehall and Fawcett Shank was due to start in early May and estimated to take 3-4 months to complete.   It was reported that this work had already started by 19th April, and the clerk had written to Border Consultants Forestry Ltd. to ask them to notify her in future of any proposed works which would affect the road users.

 

9.  Any other business:

Japanese knotweed – it was reported that this is still growing in the hedge bordering the grass verge on the U1019 road at Yeavering, and that it is able to grow through the road surface.    It was not known whether this is the responsibility of the landowner or NCC.   The clerk would write to NCC to ask them to remove it.

Broadband – Pat Edwards had received an email from inorthumberland informing him that Super Fast Broadband is now available at his address, but he reported that this is not the case!

 

10. Date of next meeting:  Tuesday, 21st June 2016, at 2.00pm in the Village Hall.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Signed.........................................

 

 

Date...........................................

comments are public! private message article creator, The Village Hall