you need javascript enabled to use this site

Kirknewton Parish Council Meeting. 22nd August 2018. :  details

Posted by Pat Edwards

KIRKNEWTON PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of the meeting held 22nd Aug. 18 at the village hall.

Present.
Cllrs Steve Marriott (Chairman), Kay Aisthorpe (Deputy Chairman), Liz Martin, Keith Warmington, County Cllr Anthony Murray,
Margaret Heatley (volunteer Clerk)

Steve Cleworth has agreed to join the Parish Council.

Parishioners, Patrick Edwards ( web page) Denis Mullen, Ali Jones.

Apology for Absence John Lloyd. This was to be his final meeting. It was agreed to provide a personal vote of thanks at a future time.
1 2 3 4
1 Minutes of the meeting held 16th May 18 agreed and 
signed
2 Matters arising from the minutes. None.

3. Police Report None Attendance.

4 Kirknewton Broadband and Mobile Signal.
SM outlined the most recent correspondence with John Cooper.
Northumberland County Council have a cost cap of £2,500 per property within an area requiring the installation of superfast broadband.
The quote from open reach to provide this to Kirknewton Parish is £142,189 based on 71 properties listed which equates to £2,002 per property. This comes within the property cost cap. On that basis Northumberland County Council is looking to formulate a contract with Open Reach and agree a deployment plan for delivery in 2019. BT provide a 4G signal to the Kirknewton area which has significantly improved the service.

5 NOTICE BOARD
Notice Boards from catalogues and on line prove expensive. A local
carpenter will be approached to provide a quote and manufacture a similar structure.
Action KW will follow up.

PLANNING APPLICATIONS.
An application has been made for a barn structure at Canno Mill on owners land.

7 FINANCIAL REPORT.
A new signatory is required following John Lloyd retirement. SM to
contact the bank and request further documents to sign up KA and KW.

8 COUNTY COUNCILLORS REPORT
KA reminded the council that the Highway Dept. had still not repaired the road hole approaching Hethpool.

9 VILLAGE IMPROVEMENT.
It was agreed that the village needed some improvement.
a. Trees , hedgerows and grass verges were extremely overgrown. 
b. Traffic management
There are road safety issues throughout the village.
The slow sign is worn
The corner at the school house is hazardous The overgrowth reduces vision.
Action KW to review and provide recommendations.

10 ANY OTHER BUSINESS.
A. There is an annual joint meeting between Northumberland CC and Parish Council Representatives. This is an interactive forum allowing members of the PCC to raise local issues with officers of Council departments. These are recorded and responses provided.
North Northumberland Area Thurs.18th Oct. Morpeth County Hall
ACTION MH has informed them that we will be represented.

B. Armistice Weekend Arrangements 10th 11th Nov.18th
Lynda Cairns has forwarded the following plan.
Sat eve 10 Nov at 7.30pm Holy Trinity Church Berwick.
Representatives from St Gregory Church will lay wreaths and read the WW1 casualty list during the vigil.
Sun. 11th Nov. The wreath will be collected and brought to St Gregory in time for the 11am service and wreath laying.
Lynda Cairns has suggested that the PCC would be happy for members of the KPP to be represented at both events.
ACTION It was agreed that this is appropriate and MH has Informed we will participate.

DATE AND TIME OF NEXT MEETING WED. 21 NOV. 18 at 2pm

SIGNED.......................................
DATE..................................

comments are public! private message article creator, The Village Hall